Tuesday 29 September 2009

GWEN IN HOSPITAL

Gwen was taken into hospital yesterday lunch time.

When I woke her in the morning, she was very weak and couldn't stand up. It took quite a while to get her dressed and help her to the kitchen.

She fell asleep while trying to drink a cup of tea, which fortunately was not too hot by then. It soaked all her cloths and the cup smashed on the floor, so she had to get changed again.

I said I was going to call the doctor but Gwen go very upset so I rang Wendy to ask what she thought we should do. At this time the two nurses that arrived to change Gwen's ulcer dressings. After talking to Gwen for a few minutes one of the nurses came and asked me to call for the doctor to come as soon as possible.

The doctor came and sat and talked to us for a while then decided that hospital was the best option at the moment. The ambulance came for Gwen about 1.00pm.

I suppose the first day will be taken up with the usual tests before treatment is started.

Wendy came with me to the hospital and we where home about 8.00pm.

I will visit Gwen and see the hospital doctor about 7.00 this evening. Gwen was asleep most of the time we were there yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors