Sunday 19 July 2009

family news

WEEKLY NEWS LETTER
Gwen hadn’t been feeling too good over the weekend so I made an appointment for her to see the doctor.
She said everything was OK but changed her medication to the next stage in the treatment for her incontinence.
We went to the chemist to get the new medicine.
Later we went to the lidl supermarket to get some of the Italian ice-cream they sell. I really like that. We also bought some frozen prawns to have with salads and also some soluble vitamin “C”
Very hot and humid today, then some more very heavy showers and I ended up with a bad headache

Tuesday started the same as normal with shopping at asda.
I took some photos in the garden and some of the neighbor’s garden. I’ve been trying for days to get round them all to make a slide show of the local gardens but we haven’t had any decent weather at a time when I’ve been able to do it.
Sent out a lot of Emails and talked to a few people on IM and trying to put an operating system on my laptop.

Wednesday I was up very early so I got all the inside windows cleaned along with all the mirrors, pictures, framed photos, three TV’s and four computer screens.
A phone call at lunchtime came from the hospital for Gwen. The eye department at the R.V.I hospital in Newcastle said they had a cancelled operation and if she could be there at 2.00 tomorrow they would be able to do the operations on both her eyes.

So no Thursday we just had a quiet morning and went to the hospital for 1.30.
Hi,
We got to the hospital at 1.30 for the 2.00pm appointment. Sat around on the ward until 5.00 until they came for Gwen to go down to the theatre. They only operated on one eye because THEY had run out of operating time, so she has to go back on 5th August to get the other one done. The area of the eye looks very inflamed and sore and she says it's quite painful. We are both very tired, after hanging around for so long. While we were waiting it started raining very heavily, and I realized Gwen wouldn't want to walk a long way to the car after her operation so I moved the car into the new multi-story car park £3.60 for two hours, I think they must have an arrangement with the ward staff to delay people as much as possible. Of course the traffic was very heavy on the way home; I think there had been an accident on the main Gosforth road. So after picking "Fish and Chips" up on the way home it was 8.00pm when we got there.

Friday and we were late getting up, Gwen had had a good nights sleep but I’d been restless all night and up for a drink a couple of times, so I wasn’t feeling too good.
Gwen had a lovely black eye.
It poured down with rain all day and turned a lot cooler, the later weather report said we had had a record for july of 5ins of rain in 24 hours. The rain and wind went on all night and did a lot of damage in the garden, and a lot of flooding in the usual places in Northumberland.
Spent a lot of time talking to Cliff and others on IM, Cliff was talking about his holiday next week.
I realized at bedtime that we hadn’t even bothered unlocking the front door all day

Spent the early part of Saturday sending emails.
Gwen didn’t want to go out so I had a quick trip to morrisons for odds and ends
I also bought some more goldfish for the pond and bird seed to keep the birds happy.
Spent the afternoon trying to save some of the plants that had been blown and battered with the rain.
Cut a lot of sweet pea flowers, enough for a vase in the lounge and dining room. They perfumed the whole house very quickly..

Sunday I was up very early again, so I cleaned and polished all the tile floors.
Fed the fish and birds and now we are going to have a quiet day before Cliff, Petra and Hazel arrive about 10.00an tomorrow.they should be in Amsterdam now waiting to get on the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors